Friday, October 29, 2010

Leadership

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
~Abraham Lincoln


 
Leadership is something I continually strive to gain experience in every day.  A lot of what I want to do in life is dependent on me developing good leadership skills. I want to maybe run for congress or maybe serve as a judge or DA all of which require extraordinary leadership. To me leadership is something that is really hard to describe but can be easily seen. For example one of my favorite historical figures is Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln was a extraordinary leader and was able to take control of the situation and the lead the union though a traumatic and chaotic rebellion and war. I think leadership is something that you gain not through study or watching but by taking control and doing your best to make the best decisions possible. Leadership can only be gained through personal experiences and trial in my opinion. I have been a leader in several organizations in high school. I was on student council and was vice president in my schools media club. I was also president in both my high school interact club and reading mentor club which I really enjoyed because it allowed me to use my talents to help other people. I hope to be a leader in the coming years as an orientation leader and maybe serving as a Carolina Productions executive member.

No comments:

Post a Comment