Friday, September 10, 2010

SERVICE LEARNING

I have a lot of experience with service in the past through personal commitment and club activities. I am a very political and world influenced person I like to think and I choose to put my faith in human beings and therefor I enjoy any opportunity to help out my fellow man.IN high school I was president of the interact club and the reading mentors program 2 programs that were community service organizations. I also volunteered at a local library for a couple of mouths and did other projects with other organizations like the beat club and Red Cross. As far as service connected with a course I have not had much experience because my high school did not have any courses like that unfortunately. If I could provide service anywhere I would love to help in tons of different places. I would love to be able to help out in Africa and Eastern Europe where the conditions in some places are extremely bad and unstable. I would also like to help here at home in one of the major cities like Washington or NYC where the people are so resilient and involved in the world. As to what I would be doing I would like to do anything that would best help me assist those who need assistance but I would above all love a leadership position that would allow me to make use of numerous resource’s to truly make an impact on the community.

1 comment: