Friday, November 19, 2010

Finance

“If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” -Earl Wilson
I see myself as a financially responsible person. I do not spend money often and when I do I usually try to make sure it’s on something I really want. Sometimes I find I spend some money on some things that are somewhat frivolous but I try not to do it too often. I do not really prepare a budget but I have my bank account set up to divide up my weekly check into different categories with only  part of my check going to my checking account which I consider my actual spending money. As far as when I graduate I hope to have a little bit of money to get off on a good start but overall I am not that worried. I have always had the opinion that even if you finish college with a large amount of student debt as long as you majored in something that you enjoyed and will get you a job in something that you want to do then debt will not matter because you will make enough money to pay off your student loans.  I do hope to not have any debt outside of student’s loans however and I plan to do that simply by working for most of my college experience and buying everything I need with cash. Also depending on what I do after college I can find ways to get part of my debt taken away through programs such as teach for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment