Friday, November 19, 2010

Capstone Conversation

The Capstone conversation I attended featured Professor Dan Fowler and was one of the most interesting events I have attended on campus this year. Professor fowler is the former head of the DNC and is extremely knowledgeable on the subject of Government and Politics. He spent a lot of time talking about his thoughts on the economic downturn and also on his beliefs about the tea party movements. His ideas were interesting in that they were somewhat novel ideas and ways of thinking that I had not thought of before. His emphasis on the tea party not being a lower class unemployed movement but a movement of middle class rural families was exceptional because it changes the dynamic of the tea party and allow someone to better understand why they make the demands they do. Lastly Dr. Fowler’s leadership in the DNC was interesting to me because of my own liberal democratic leanings. Overall I am extremely happy to have met and listen to Professor Fowler during his conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment